The FMD disaster illustrated so clearly the many concerns that the public have about this government. There was
... and there were more than 60 suicides - the list is endless. The manipulation of the news was breathtaking: I think very few people are aware that mass slaughter reached its height a few days before the Election, and that it proceeded on a large scale during the summer months. It continued after the Sept 30 2001 deadline, eventually finishing on New Year's Day 2002, where 2000 sheep were slaughtered in Northumbria, on account of several being antibody positive. (Evidence from PQS).
- use of discredited/poor science
- sidelining of experts
- belittling/poor treatment of experts
- refusal to accept any accountabilitlty
- setting up of Inquiries which had too narrow remits, and which were not sufficiently independent/rigorous
- intimidation, bullying and use of police state tactics
- suppression of information
- "handling" of the media
The great distrust of this government and its pronouncements is now evident, and I think this will only deepen, unless there is some willingness to accept accountability for mistakes.